The most sophisticated mission in planetary space exploration is on going with the scientific advancement of the human race to an extremely extraordinary environment which is the planet Mars. This is a mission that will be considered as the most important of all as our race is counting the possibility to establish civilization outside the earth. To start something new in a place where the breath of life seems equivalent to support life. Start saving the human race to extinction due to severe climate fast changing condition that can eradicate the world population. Rising sea water levels engulfing low lying islands, melting ice caps ever recorded as fastest in a short period of time. Sooner or later we are doomed to experience the havoc of natural disasters and pay the price of extinction. Wildfires, Tsunamis, Earthquakes of stronger magnitude and foggy or dusty air environment have gone to a greater proportion that we cannot control and just live with the fatal effects it brings to humanity. Researchers are trying this long shot to prevail over the looming extinction which is to physically sent a team of researchers, scientist, dedicated professionals to start a brand new life in the planet Mars.
As a Filipino I was thinking of wide arrayed of character traits and intelligence we possess that makes us qualified to be considered as a part of this mission.
1. Filipinos are exposed to other cultural challenges and break barriers of universal language being the English language as the second most spoken after the local Tagalog vernacular language. We think, work, analyze things as the same from those of Eastern and Western norms.
2. Resiliency to extreme weather condition. As our country is always visited by strong typhoons we definitely knew the way to go along with it and experienced to do whatever works that needed to be done in order to wisely flow with the extreme effects with a minimal damage to their livelihood.
3. Multiple Intelligence Quotient to analyze and explore multiple solutions at hand and creative foresight in handling actual situations and challenges. We never falter in a silly situation perhaps it brings out the talent and preparedness to cope up with pressures.
4. Filipinos work the hardest when it comes to logged hours of extended work we are born natural hard worker and it does makes us stronger and fulfilled once we were able to accomplish task within all bounds of expectations.
5. Food lovers and never complained of any type of food served to us. We can go veggie, meat, grains, pasta, processed you name it and we love it. Is it due to our mixed nationalities of our forefathers that we end up food appreciative. And when the supplies are down we readily adjust our urge to go full tank.
6. We came from a tropical country where most of the insects roamed the humid and moist environment are all natural to us. Our genes and immunity were somehow designed or patterned to deter sickness accentuated with it. In short we are highly immune tolerance a much needed qualification in dealing with the unknown environment.
7. We are natural born learner and can easily adapted to change. Though close family ties is one of the greatest norms in our culture its is the desire of doing great things to be proud of or brag about and this motivation push us to do more of an extra mile achievement and reap the accolades therefrom.
8. The physical height is like tailor made for the standard spacesuits making it easier for movement during mission and the BMI is like a one size fits all thing for zero gravity cockpit. And the athleticism in quickness generally common for both male and female is
9. We love to travel and to go on a mission without returning back is the ultimate travel one could make. To preserve and be a part of procreation in a new and never before tested habitat is a fete all the races on earth dreamed of. It’s the evolution in other world and the possibility of preservation of our local language is another thing. Wouldn’t it be nice to be welcome in a new planet with our “Mabuhay” greetings? And part of our flag heritage be incorporated in the new Martian flag as well.
10. Speaking of heritage a multicultural mankind presence in the Martian soil will ensure that a part of Filipino palatable dishes will be preserve and continue to get the taste of the famous “adobo, caldereta, Laing and lumpia” made from the available plant like things in the areas where traces of waters once flow. We are above normal in terms of blood pressure and these traits might be helpful to break the atmospheric sphere of the planet. With the scheduled arrival of mankind in the planet, the longstanding type of air will be mixed with th breath of a human whose chemical composition is generated from all life forms available On the planet earth. It’s part of the mission to infiltrate the Martian soils characteristic with that of the Earth and start from there the propagation of living things.
Trusting our faith in times of adversity and coping with the difficulty and adaptation to settle in an extreme situations are just a few challenges waiting the humankind in the Martian planet. And bringing the most ready and potential talents available in today’s generation is one of the most noble and scientific milestones a human can make and there is no best time to do the exploration but now.